BARRISTER, INDEPENDENT HEARINGS COMMISSIONER, MEDIATRIX
I am a resource management barrister with extensive experience in all aspects of Resource Management Act (RMA)/environmental law including planning, advisory, mediation, regulation and aspects.
I started at the Environment Court as a research counsel. After an initial stint in an Auckland specialist RMA firm advising national clients on matters including urbanisation, infrastructure, development and local government matters/judicial review, I moved to a large Bay of Plenty firm where my work involved legal services for regional and district councils, including land use management/regulation to achieve reductions in nitrogen discharges.
Services/Areas of Law – Direct Instructions Approved
- Resource Management/ Environmental/Planning
- Public Law/Administrative
- Local Government/LGOIMA/ Planning/Governance/
- Mediation: Representation or Mediator Services/Dispute Resolution
- Project Management/Large-scale Planning Projects
- Policy Statements/Regional Plans/ District Plans/Changes
- Witness Briefing and Litigation Support
- Conflict Work and Specialist Assistance.
Photo of Lake Rotorua taken during IHP Plan Change 10 hearings.
- High Standards
- Quality Advice
- Good Judgement
- Hard Working
- Depth of knowledge and experience – Environmental Law since 1997, from all sides of the fence.